Sister Marie Marthe Chambon, Chambery, France 1871-1907
Status: Cause for Beatification opened in 1937
Episcopal Remarks: Messages were granted a Nihil obstat: John A. Schulien, Censor Librorum; Milwaukee, WI, 2 May 1956. and Imprimatur: +Albertus G. Meyer, Archbishop of Milwaukee, 1 May 1956. Chaplet of the Holy Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the associated promises were also granted Nihil obstat: Rev. Terry Tekippe, Censor Librorum and Imprimatur: + Most Rev. Francis B. Shulte, Archbishop of New Orleans, 29 December 1989
Corroboration by Other Seers:
Biographical Information: Sister Mary Martha Chambon Mary Martha Chambon (1841-1907) was a lay Sister of the Monastery of the Visitation Order in Chambery, France. During her life, Jesus Himself is said to have revealed to her the following two invocations, giving her the double mission to adore and invoke the Sacred Wounds unceasingly and to revive this devotion in the hearts of creatures. She died in the odor of sanctity on 21 March 1907, and the cause for her beatification was introduced in 1937. (i) Eternal Father I offer Thee the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls. (ii) My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Thy Sacred Wounds. 1
1. Adapted from Prayers and promised of the Father, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and Mary
Extract from revelations made to Sr. Marie Marthe Chambon on the Holy Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
[Start Quote]“OUR LORD would find pleasure in training Sr. Marie Marthe to her mission, by giving her almost daily a kind of "Catechism of the Holy Wounds", catechism on which she had to report to her Superior; following are some echoes of them: Devotion to the Holy Wounds is grounded upon the most solid foundations: the infinite merits of the Savior. “My daughter, do you recognize the treasure of the world?" "When you offer my Divine Wounds to my Father, you earn an immense fortune….You should not remain poor... Your wealth?... It is my holy Passion. This treasure belongs to you…My Father takes pleasure in the offering of my Holy Wounds... offering them to Him is offering Him his own glory, it is offering Heaven to Heaven!…My Holy Wounds support the world." This devotion presents itself as surrounded by the most encouraging promises. “I shall grant all what will be requested to me through the invocation to my Holy Wounds. You need to spread this devotion….You shall obtain all things, because it is the merit of my Blood which is of an infinite price…With my Wounds and my Divine Heart, you can obtain all things…From my Wounds come out fruits of holiness." "My Wounds shall repair yours." This devotion contains precious advantages for the detail of daily life. "When you experience some sorrow, or have something to suffer, you need to bring it hastily into my Wounds, and your sorrow shall be softened….Offer me your actions... united to my Holy Wounds, there are incomprehensible riches, even into the least ones." You need to have recourse to it in favor of the Sick. "You have to often repeat before the sick this invocation: "My Jesus, pardon and mercy, through the merits of thy Holy Wounds! "This prayer shall soothe both the soul and body."
In Favor of the Dying: "It is necessary to expire while kissing these sacred Wounds…There shall be no death for the soul who will expire in my Wounds: they give true life." "The way of my Wounds is so simple, so easy to reach Heaven!..."
In Favor of Sinners: "My Wounds shall cover all your faults." "Offer them to me often for sinners, for: I thirst for souls….The sinner who will say the following prayer: "Eternal Father, I offer thee the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls", shall obtain is own conversion…With every word of the Chaplet of Mercy you pronounce, I let a drop of my blood drip on the soul of a sinner….This Chaplet of Mercy balances my Justice, it stops my vengeance."
In favor of the Souls in Purgatory: "The benefit of the Holy Wounds makes graces come down from Heaven, and Holy Souls come up onto Heaven….The Holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the Souls in Purgatory."
In Favor of the Church: "My daughter, you need to properly fulfill you task, which is to offer my divine Wounds to me in Favor of Sinners. "My Wounds shall cover all your faults." "Offer them to me often for sinners, for: I thirst for souls….The sinner who will say the following prayer: "Eternal Father, I offer thee the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls", shall obtain his conversion". "With every word of the Chaplet of Mercy you pronounce, I let a drop of my blood drip on the soul of a sinner….This Chaplet of Mercy balances my Justice, it stops my vengeance….I would like to see all my Spouses be "Crucifixes." "My daughter, look at my crown, and you shall see mortification, -my hands stretched out, and you shall learn obedience, -you shall understand poverty when you see me all unclothed on the Cross, -Purity in the One who is so pure and who loves you as your Spouse! "Everywhere, you will find Wounds in your Spouse." "This is where those I have chosen and who want to attain glory must walk." "I want you to be a standing victim!" Nihil obstat: John A. Schulien, Censor Librorum; Milwaukee, WI, 2 May 1956. Imprimatur: +Albertus G. Meyer, Archbishop of Milwaukee, 1 May 1956. [End Quote]
Our Lord, Undated: "My daughter, behold the world's treasure. The world does not want to recognize it. Here is something that can pay all debts", and He taught her this prayer which she pledged herself to say lovingly every ten minutes "Eternal Father, I offer you the wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ, to heal those of our souls" (Taken from Vie de la soeur Marie-Marthe Chambon, (Chambery 1928), pp. 62 and 63)
Our Lord, undated: “Come to My Wounds with hearts burning with love, and make the aspirations with great fervor that you may obtain the graces and favors you desire. Come to this wound in My Side; it is the Wound of Love from which issue flames of fire" "You must pray that the knowledge of My Sacred Wounds may spread in the world…(As He said these words, Sr. Mary Martha saw five luminous rays of glory issue from the Wounds of Christ, and envelop the globe.)…My Holy Wounds sanctify souls and insure their spiritual advancement...Offer Me your actions united to My Sacred Wounds, and even the smallest will have an incomprehensible value…Offer them often to Me for sinners because I thirst for souls. At each word of the invocation that you utter, I will let a drop of My Blood fall upon the soul of a sinner….When you offer My Holy Wounds for sinners, you must not forget to do so for the souls in Purgatory, as there are but few who think of their relief. The Holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the souls in Purgatory."
Chaplet of the Holy Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Given by Our Lord to Marie Martha Chambon (1842 –1907)
On the crucifix and first three beads:
O JESUS, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen.
Strong God, Holy God, Immortal God, have mercy on us and on the whole world.Amen
Grace and Mercy, O my Jesus, during present dangers; cover us with Your Precious Blood. Amen.
ETERNAL Father, grant us mercy through the Blood of Jesus Christ, Your only Son; grant us mercy we beseech You. Amen, Amen, Amen.
The following prayers, composed by Our Lord, are to be said using the Rosary beads:
On the large beads (The "Our Father" beads) : Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, to heal the wounds of our souls.
On the small beads (The "Hail Mary" beads) : My Jesus, pardon and mercy, through the merits of Your Holy Wounds.
Some Of The Promises Of Our Lord For Those Who Practice This Devotion
· “At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner…”
· “Each time that you offer to My Father the merits of My divine Wounds, you win an immense fortune…”
· “Souls that will have contemplated and honored My crown of thorns on earth, will be My crown of glory in Heaven!..”
· “I will grant all that is asked of Me through the invocation of My Holy Wounds. You will obtain everything, because it is through the merit of My Blood, which is of infinite price. With My Wounds and My Divine Heart, everything can be obtained...”
· “From My Wounds proceed fruits of sanctity. As gold purified in the crucible becomes more beautiful, so you must put your soul and those of your companions into My sacred Wounds; there they will become perfected as gold in the furnace. You can always purify yourself in My Wounds…”
· “My Wounds will repair yours. My Wounds will cover all your faults. Those who honor them will have a true knowledge of Jesus Christ. In meditation on them, you will always find a new love. My Wounds will cover all your sins...”
· “Plunge your actions into My Wounds and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least, soaked in My Blood, will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please My Heart…”
· “In offering My Wounds for the conversion of sinners, even though the sinners are not converted, you will have the same merit before God as if they were…”
· “When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in My Wounds, and the pain will be alleviated..”
· “This aspiration must often be repeated near the sick: "My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Your Holy Wounds!" This prayer will solace soul and body…”
· “A sinner who will say the following prayer will obtain conversion: "Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls"..”
· “There will be no death for the soul that expires in My Holy Wounds; they give true life…”
· “This chaplet is a counterpoise to My justice; it restrains My vengeance..”
· “Those who pray with humility and who meditate on My Passion, will one day participate in the glory of My divine Wounds…”
· “The more you will have contemplated My painful Wounds on this earth, the higher will be your contemplation of them glorious in Heaven…”
· “The soul who during life honored the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ and has offered them to the Eternal Father for the Souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the angels; and Our Lord on the Cross, all brilliant in glory, will receive her and crown her…”
· “The invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the Church…”
(Nihil obstat: Rev. Terry Tekippe, Censor Librorum. Imprimatur: + Most Rev. Francis B. Shulte, Archbishop of New Orleans, 29 December 1989.)
1. Messages and Prayers taken from Fraternite Notre Dame: Glory to Jesus Christ Only Saviour of Men (http://www.fraternitenotredame.com/Old%20Pages/En/Spi/HolyWounds.htm)